Investing abroad is one of the best ways to diversify your portfolio and protect your wealth. Savvy global investors know how great the security and rewards can be from investing in overseas businesses, incorporating in another country, or buying real estate abroad. For all of the due diligence and research made into an investment, it’s shocking that so many people are willing to leave money on the table when it comes to transferring money overseas.
Don’t make this big mistake at the very end of your investment process. Contact a money transfer specialist instead – you’ll be glad you did. In this niche industry, past success and reputation are everything. With over 35 years of experience as an industry leader, Moneycorp may just be your best asset in the entire overseas investment process.
Moneycorp is the UK’s only fully integrated foreign exchange specialist operating in every sector of the industry. The company is a Licensed Money Service Business with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) under the Money Laundering Regulations, is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and is authorized by the FCA for the conduct of designated investment business.
All those who open an account with Moneycorp will be assigned a personal account manager. This expert will help guide you through the transfer process, help customize a plan that works for your needs, and is available to answer questions at all times.
In 2015, Moneycorp undertook 7.2 million transactions and traded over £22.6 billion on client behalf.
Are the Savings That Significant?
When investing abroad, every advantage counts. According to Moneycorp, international transfers performed through their services average 4% better than through banks – and Moneycorp charges significantly cheaper fees per transfer.
When making large overseas purchases, or transfering money multiple times between currencies, this difference can save you thousands.
How is Moneycorp Able to Save You Money?
The trained specialists at Moneycorp utilize the most up-to-date strategies and metrics to provide you with the most competitive exchange rates possible. In addition to great rates, Moneycorp offers tailored exchange services to make sure that you are always taking advantage of market fluctuations:
- Forward Contracts: This service allows you to actually lock in a beneficial exchange rate for future transfers. If you find the market to be in a satisfactory place for your transfer, you can claim that specific exchange rate for all transfers up to a year in the future.
- Limit Orders: This feature allows you to set a specific ideal exchange rate alert. As soon as the market reaches that rate, your transfer will automatically be processed at that price.
- Stop Loss: The stop loss service lets you set a minimum exchange rate that is acceptable for you transfer. This allows you to make a transfer as soon as possible, once the market climbs into a threshold you’re satisfied with.
- Spot Contract: A spot contract is useful when there is an expected drop coming in the market. With this feature, you can make sure that all your transfers process immediately at the current rate before fluctuation.
Whether you are starting a business abroad, buying overseas real estate, or paying foreign employees, any sort of international investment will involve a lot of dealings between different currencies. For these people, making sure to save as much money as possible during cross-country transfers is obvious.
However, currency diversification is also a highly recommended strategy for all people looking to safeguard their wealth. Even if you don’t plan to consistently transfer money between currencies, diversifying your wealth and storing capital in different currencies can really prove fortuitous in the long run, especially with the volatility of global economies.
Moneycorp allows for its clients to open savings accounts in multiple currencies, providing the ability to store diversified cash under one roof. Those who have accounts with Moneycorp can then switch between currencies freely after giving a 90-day notice.
With Moneycorp, you can buy global currencies anytime, quickly and seamlessly. Actions that were traditionally the source of stress for expats are now dealt with painlessly through Moneycorp:
- Paying overseas bills
- Moving money between accounts
- Transferring pension or retirement funds to another jurisdiction
- Forwarding currency contracts
- Sending money to family members abroad
Rarely do things of great value come easily. Investing abroad takes time, patience, careful planning, and courage. Don’t go through the ardour of crossing your T’s and dotting your I’s in regards to choosing your international investment, only to sour the ending by burning money that could have been saved – had you only done a little more research.
Put your faith in Moneycorp and let their trained specialists assist you in every step of the transfer process. Not only will you save thousands of dollars along the way, you’ll be granted peace of mind (during what could be a stressful time) in knowing that you’re in the right hands at every turn.
Like Our Articles?
Check out our eBook bundle. Six titles packed full of premium offshore intel. Instant Download - Print off for your private library before the government demands we take these down!