facebook Work Permit in Sweden - Escape Artist

Work Permit in Sweden

Work Permit in Sweden

In order to work in Sweden, you must have a work permit. Read more about how to apply for a work permit or for a residence permit as a self-employed person or a visiting researcher.

The main rule is that you should apply for and have been granted a work permit before entering Sweden. When applying online you are given clear instructions about how to fill in your application and what you should send with the application. This makes it easier for you to apply correctly and increases your chances of a quick decision.

To obtain a work permit you need to have an offer to work in Sweden. Your employer must have advertised the position in Sweden and within EU/EEA and Switzerland for at least 10 days before you were employed.

Your employer in Sweden initiates the work permit application by completing an offer of employment. Your employer needs information about your name, date of birth, citizenship, education, and your e-mail address.

It is important that you have access to the e-mail address you give your employer until you have received a decision regarding your application. The Swedish Migration Board will use this e-mail address to communicate with you throughout the application period.

When your employer has complete an offer of employment you will receive an e-mail with information about how to apply for a work permit.

In the application, you provide information about yourself. If your family is coming with you to Sweden you apply for permits for them at the same time. You should also check that the information about your employment terms in the offer of employment corresponds with what you and your employer have agreed on.

The following documents are to be scanned or photographed and sent with your application

  • copies of the pages in your passport which show your personal information, photograph, signature, passport number, passport issuing country, the passport’s period of validity, and whether you have permission to live in countries other than your country of origin.

The documents should be translated to Swedish or English by an authorized translator. Copies of original documents should always be included.

In most cases, you must pay a fee. You can pay using Visa or Mastercard. When the fee is paid you submit your application. You and your employer will receive an e-mail confirming that your application has been submitted. The Migration Board will contact you if it needs more information.

The Migration Board prioritizes applications where all required information is complete and all required documents have been submitted. This means that you will receive a decision more quickly if all required information is included when you submit your application and you do not need to supplement it later on. Note that the Migration Board may in some cases need to further examine your application even if you have included all the required information and documents.

If you are granted a permit for more than three months you will receive a residence permit card. The card proves that you have permission to reside in Sweden and contains information such as your fingerprints and photograph.

Experience the Insider community that takes your international lifestyle to the next level. Download your FREE guide

"18 Steps to Implementing Your Plan B" instantly!

If you need an entry visa for travel to Sweden you should, therefore, visit the Swedish Embassy or Consulate-General as soon as possible to be photographed and fingerprinted. You need to do this even if you have previously had a residence permit card, as the information is not saved. If your family is also applying for permits, the family members also need to be photographed and fingerprinted at the Embassy or Consulate-General. Always contact the Embassy or Consulate-General prior to your visit.

If you do not need an entry visa for travel to Sweden you can submit information for the residence permit card at the Migration Board after arriving in Sweden. However, you must request and have your work permit issued before you travel to Sweden.

You will receive an e-mail confirming that a decision has been made. You are given the actual decision by the embassy or consulate-general that you have specified in your application. Your employer will also receive a notification about the decision by mail.

You need to bring your passport when collecting your decision. If you have been granted a work permit you will receive the residence permit card within four weeks of being photographed and fingerprinted at the embassy or consulate-general.

Source: http://www.migrationsverket.se/

Here is probably the most extensive ebook on Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Eliminating Your Taxes, Protecting Your Assets And Regaining Privacy Over Your Life And Investments. It is called The Ultimate Guide To Going Offshore.  Visit our bookstore to purchase it today!

I hope you enjoyed reading this article: Work Permit in Sweden. If you have any questions, please contact our office HERE.

I’ve included some great articles for you to read, enjoy!

10 Reasons For Sweden

5 Best Places To Visit in Sweden

UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Sweden

Healthcare and Elderly Care in Sweden

EA Store

Like Our Articles?

Then make sure to check out our Bookstore... we have titles packed full of premium offshore intel. Instant Download - Print off for your private library before the government demands we take these down!