Why Investing in Australia
Built on 22 years of uninterrupted annual growth, Australia’s robust and diverse economy is the only economy to consistently rank in the world’s top five most resilient economies since 2008.
Australia’s growth is underpinned by its strong trade ties with Asia, Europe and the Americas.
Australia is ‘triple A’ rated by all three major global ratings agencies. Real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth is projected to outperform every major advanced economy to 2018.
For investors looking for growth opportunities in a low-risk environment, these fundamentals provide confidence.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) forecasts growth of three per cent in 2013, and an average annual rate of 3.2 per cent from 2012 to 2017.
- Australia’s real GDP growth is expected to outperform every major advanced economy to 2017 (IMF World Economic Outlook, Oct 2012).
- Australia ranks as the world’s third largest energy export producer (International Energy Agency, Key World Energy Statistics 2012).
- Australia is much more than mining and resources: more than 80 per cent of its economy is services based.
- Australia has recorded 22 years of uninterrupted annual growth from 1991 to 2012, an achievement unequalled by any other developed economy (IMF World Economic Outlook Database 2012).
Australia’s strong track record, quality research institutions and commitment to world-class innovation make it a proven destination to develop new ideas and bring them to life. An advanced innovation framework, coupled with government and business investment in research and development, strong intellectual property protection and a track record of world-class outcomes, create opportunities for investors to collaborate in commercialising research and innovation. The country’s research institutions are among the best in the world and offer opportunities for private-sector industry collaborations. Australia’s talented and highly skilled workforce provides the resources necessary for investors to realise their potential.
- Total R&D investment has trebled in the past 10 years and Australia’s R&D spend has increased by almost twice the OECD average.
- Australians have invented or helped develop the bionic ear, Google Maps, high-speed WiFi, the world’s first cervical cancer vaccine—Gardasil and spray-on skin for burn victims.
- Australia is home to world-class universities and research institutions including six of the world’s top 100 universities.
- Australia’s national science agency CSIRO ranks among the world’s top scientific institutions.
Australia is a major trading nation, with eight of its top 10 export markets within the Asian region. Australian businesses have been trading with the Asia-Pacific for more than half a century and understand these markets, offering the benefits of experience and established trade and investment ties.
With these trade links, strategic location and a highly educated, multilingual workforce, Australia is uniquely positioned as a platform for growth. Australia also bridges the world’s major time zones, offering 24-hour access for global organisations.
- Eight of Australia’s top 10 export markets are in Asia.
- By 2050 nearly two thirds of the world’s production and consumption will take place within the Asia-Pacific region
- Australia has seven free trade agreements in operation, including Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand, and another nine in development.
- Australia’s westernised consumer culture makes it an excellent test market for products intended for launch in North America and Europe.
- Australia offers 24-hour access for global organisations.
I hope you got value from this article: Why Investing in Australia. If you would like additional information, please contact our office HERE. Also, I would like to share a few articles I hope you will enjoy on Australia!
Like Our Articles?
Then make sure to check out our Bookstore... we have titles packed full of premium offshore intel. Instant Download - Print off for your private library before the government demands we take these down!