Green Card Scheme in Denmark
If you are a citizen outside of the Nordic countries or the EU/EEA you must have a residence and work permit in order to reside and work in Denmark. There are different schemes to make it easier for you to find the right way to obtain the necessary permits and remain in Denmark.
Green Card Scheme
If you are granted a residence permit under the Greencard scheme, you do not need to obtain a work permit. You just have to score enough points to become eligible for the Green Card. The minimum amount of points you have to obtain is 100 and criterias to obtain those points are Education, Language Skills, Work Experience, Adaptability, and Age. A residence permit under the Greencard scheme gives you the right to carry out paid or unpaid work, however, it does not give you the right to work as a self-employed person (run your own business). The thus obtained residence permit will be valid for up to 18 months. You must have full health insurance covering you and any accompanying family members until you are covered by the Danish National Health Insurance.
Please note that you can score the necessary 100 points through education only if you have the necessary degrees and visited one of the top universities internationally recognized according to the latest THES_QS world ranking.. Points in education are given as follows.
- Bachelor’s degree/Graduated from medium-length education: 30 points
- Bachelor’s degree followed by one-year Master’s degree: 50 points
- Master’s degree: 60 points
- PhD: 80 points
- Top 400: 5 points
- Top 200: 10 points
- Top 100: 15 points
As to language skills, you must document that you have passed an exam in either Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English or German at a level corresponding to at least Danish Language Test, Level 1 (Prøve i Dansk 1). You can only receive points for one Scandinavian language and for either English or German, but not for both English and German or two or more Scandinavian languages.
- Level corresponding to Danish Language Test, Level 1 (Prøve i Dansk 1): 5 points
- Level corresponding to Danish Language Test, Level 2 (Prøve i Dansk 2): 10 points
- Level corresponding to Danish Language Test, Level 3 (Prøve i Dansk 3): 15 points
- Level corresponding to Study Test in Danish as a Second Language (Studieprøven) or higher/one year’s study or work: 20 points
The maximum points you can earn under language skills is 30.
You can score a maximum of 15 points under Work Experience. Your points are earned based upon the number of years you have worked as a researcher, or in a field of work that is currently in shortage in Denmark. If you have worked in another field you still might get 5 points.
- 1-2 years within the past five years as a researcher/in field listed on the Positive List: 10 points
- 3-5 years within the past five years as a researcher/in field listed on the Positive List: 15 points
- 3-5 years within the past five years, other work: 5 points
You can obtain up to 15 points for adaptability. You can only claim points for either education experience or work experience — not both.
- Completion of at least one year’s study at a higher educational programme in an EU/EEA country or Switzerland: 5 points
- Completion of at least three years’ study at a higher educational programme in an EU/EEA country or Switzerland: 10 points
- At least one full year’s (12 consecutive months’) legal residence and work in an EU/EEA country or Switzerland: 5 points
- At least two consecutive year’s legal residence and work in an EU/EEA country or Switzerland: 10 points
You can be given a maximum of 15 points for your age as follows:
- 35-40 years: 10 points
- 34 years or younger: 15 points
Here is probably the most extensive ebook on Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Eliminating Your Taxes, Protecting Your Assets And Regaining Privacy Over Your Life And Investments. It is called The Ultimate Guide To Going Offshore. Visit our bookstore to purchase it today!
I hope you enjoyed reading this article: Green Card Scheme in Denmark. If you have any questions, please contact our office HERE.
I’ve included some great articles for you to read, enjoy!
FREE GUIDE! Get Essential Information on Protecting Your Assets
18 STEPS TO IMPLEMENTING YOUR PLAN B
Unique Things to Do while in Denmark
10 Good Reasons to Invest in Denmark
Pension Fund and Healthcare in Denmark
Like Our Articles?
Then make sure to check out our Bookstore... we have titles packed full of premium offshore intel. Instant Download - Print off for your private library before the government demands we take these down!