As it is the case with many other countries, classified ads in France are an extremely important source of advertising and community service. It is also an easy way for the French to find affordable items and bargains that are not advertised through radio or TV.
Classifieds in France are not just a way to find good offers, they have also proven to be a very efficient way for small businesses to advertise their various offerings, becoming in some cases, true occurrences that have benefited many small French business in very positive ways.
Besides the popularity of newspaper classifieds in recent years, online classifieds have garnered tremendous popularity as well, and have become a good alternative for people who want to offer things that might cater more directly to the online French community. The combination of printed ads and online ads are a good complement for advertisers, while at the same time reaching a much broader audience.
Here are the most distinctive aspects of classified ads in France:
- High range of items to choose from: In France, classified ads, either online or offline, are used by people to offer a wide array of products ranging from concert tickets to home sales, flat rentals, vehicles, and service business offers from local French contractors.
- More chances for negotiating: One of the great aspects of classified advertising in France is that almost any item can be found. This gives potential customers a lot to choose from but, due to the nature of classified ads in France, it also gives the people who publish those listings plenty of room for negotiation, since they usually offer contact information to potential readers of classifieds, and have the opportunity to offer them even better deals when those potential customers contact them.
- Time savers: In a country where distances can be long and difficult for some to overcome when trying to advertise, classifieds in France offer an alternative that is actually more within reach of advertisers. These time savers are also evident for potential customers in France because shoppers do not have to waste time wandering the markets or real estate listings searching for ‘good deals.’
- Accessibility: Accessibility is definitely what has made classifieds in France such a success. The reason for this is that either online through the Internet or offline via newspapers, classifieds have the ability to reach a lot more people in a lot more areas in France, allowing both French buyers and sellers to do business even in places where other media (like TV for example) could never reach.
- Local market feel and great deals: Foreigners visiting France will also find a tremendously useful tool in French classified ads because in every country, including France, classified ads are targeted almost exclusively to the locals, so anyone visiting France can easily get a good feel for the prices and deals of the country or for the specific region they’re visiting. Also, since these classifieds are targeted to locals, foreigners can take advantage of great deals, since they will not be paying the premium that most places tend to charge to non-French natives.
- Focused advertising: Another important feature of classifieds in France is that, most prominently online, classifieds offer advertisers the option to publish on niche classifieds sites, which focuses on the real estate market in France, offering visitors and locals the best places to rent or buy at far lower prices than those found on “brick and mortar” agencies. These types of classified ads also help small businesses cater to a target group and build a loyal audience in some cases.
- Considerable savings for businesses: In France, one tactic that some businesses are adopting is to focus advertising efforts in classified ads, even learning how to write them as compellingly as possible in order to get the more views and response from potential French customers. This allows these businesses to spend a lot less in advertising, which in turn lets them grow faster.
- Excellent way to find French antiques and rare items: Since classifieds are available for everyone to advertise, French locals may end up selling rare and used items for very low prices, sometimes because these items are not rare for them, and sometimes because they don’t even know the items in question are rare at all!
Lastly, it is also necessary to mention that the classified ad community in France is extremely active, a fact that, in turn, will keep making it more and more attractive to French advertisers and to the general public. It’s safe to assume that French classifieds will just keep growing online, and they will keep helping the French locals and small businesses target people that would not usually be within reach should they use other medium like TV.
Like Our Articles?
Check out our eBook bundle. Six titles packed full of premium offshore intel. Instant Download - Print off for your private library before the government demands we take these down!