The Stock Exchange of Thailand
- The Stock Exchange of Thailand is a juristic entity set up under the Securities Exchange of Thailand Act, B.E. 2517 (1974). Operations started on April 30, 1975.
- Its mandate is to be a market or center for the trading of listed securities, and promoter of financial planning, as well as provide related services connected to such activities, without distributing any profits to members.
- Encourage the general public to become shareholders in a variety of local industries.
- It operates under the legal framework laid down in the Securities and Exchange Act, B.E. 2535 (1992).
- Its main operations include securities listing, supervision of listed companies and information disclosure, trading, market surveillance and member supervision, information dissemination and investor education.
Membership in International Organizations
- Asian and Oceanian Stock Exchanges Federation (AOSEF): joined as full member in 1982.
- International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO): came in as full member in 1990. Then, when the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) was established in 1992, it became the full member and the SET moved to affiliate member.
- World Federation of Exchanges (WFE): joined as full member in 1990.
Here is probably the most extensive ebook on Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Eliminating Your Taxes, Protecting Your Assets And Regaining Privacy Over Your Life And Investments. It is called The Ultimate Guide To Going Offshore. Visit our bookstore to purchase it today!
I hope you enjoyed reading this article: The Stock Exchange of Thailand. If you have any questions, please contact our office HERE.
I’ve included some great articles for you to read, enjoy!
Like Our Articles?
Then make sure to check out our Bookstore... we have titles packed full of premium offshore intel. Instant Download - Print off for your private library before the government demands we take these down!