A city break is a great way to enjoy some culture, history, and see a wide variety of exciting attractions and sights. There are many great cities that you can visit around the world, and one of the top ones to head to is London. The English capital is packed with cultural diversity, history, and world famous sights, which makes it a truly thrilling place to visit.
When you come to this city, you can look forward to a wide variety of attractions. You can access short term loans to help fund your trip and then look forward to a unique, fascinating experience in this thriving and vibrant city. Make sure you put an itinerary together before you go, as there are so many different places and attractions that you will want to visit.
Some of the Top Places to Visit in London
There are many excellent attractions to keep you busy when you visit London, which is why so many people come here each year for their vacation. Some of the top attractions to consider for your trip include:
- The London Eye: If you want to see this city from a whole new perspective, the London Eye is an attraction that you must visit. You can look forward to a bird’s eye view of the city, and you can even take a night “flight” to see the city when it is all lit up. If it is a special occasion, you could consider a champagne flight on the London Eye, which is a great way to celebrate while enjoying the breathtaking views.
- Madame Tussauds: Enter the magical world of lifelike waxworks with a visit to this major attraction. You can see models of a huge range of celebrities and members of the royal family, as well as the darker side with models of horror characters and serial killers. This is a great place to take some photos too, as you can have your picture taken with a host of different celebrities that look very lifelike.
- The London Dungeon: When it comes to history, London does have a very dark side that goes back many centuries. A trip to the London Dungeon will enable you to delve into the darker side of this city while also allowing you to enjoy spooky tales from actors in character. This is a great place to combine education and fun, making it ideal for the whole family.
- Buckingham Palace: No trip to London would be complete without a trip to Buckingham Palace. Whether you simply head over to take a look and get some photos, or whether you take the tour, you can enjoy the experience of seeing an iconic building that is known around the world. This is the main London residence of the Queen and is definitely a place that should be on your itinerary.
- Kensington Palace: Another palace you should pay a visit to is Kensington Palace. Now the official London home of Prince William and Kate, this palace was also the childhood home of Queen Victoria, as well as Princess Diana’s official residence until she passed away. You can explore the history of Queen Victoria, find out more about Princess Diana, and explore the palace where the two princes were brought up.
- The Tower of London: Another great way to explore the darker side of London is by a visit to the famous Tower of London. Here, you can go on a self guided tour or opt for a guided one, where you can learn more about the dark history of the Tower and what it has been used for in the past. With a history spanning nearly one thousand years, this is a fascinating place to visit and explore for an educational and exciting historical experience.
- London Zoo: If you are looking to enjoy a family day out, a trip to London Zoo is a great choice. You will see more than 16,000 animals at this zoo, which is one of the oldest in the country. There are many different species to see here, and the kids can enjoy a really fun and educational experience. There is even a petting zoo for the children to pay a visit, so they can enjoy feeding and playing with the animals.
With so many great sights and attractions, it is little wonder that London has become such a popular and exciting destination for visitors from around the world.