How to Get a Work Permit in the Philippines

Every foreign national who plans on working in the Philippines needs to report to the Philippine Department of Labor & Employment (DOLE) for an Alien Employment Permit (AEP). If you are headed for the Philippines and have already secured your non-immigrant visa, you should apply at your nearest embassy or consulate.

If you already have an employer in the Philippines, it is probably easier if they apply on your behalf for an AEP at the nearest regional DOLE office. The duration your AEP is valid strongly depends on your work contract and on your position within the company for which you will be working.