Rare opportunity to own a business and/or home in beautiful Mindo, Ecuador. This immaculately maintained building is only six years old with two floors totaling just under 5,000 square feet. The property has the best of both worlds: being centrally located four blocks from Mindo’s town square while the grounds boast beautiful, mature flower gardens and native trees making it feel lush and completely secluded.
The building holds tons of potential for an eco-lodge, bed and breakfast, yoga retreat, restaurant or any other business. The first floor features a gracious foyer and front desk reception area, common spaces, storage, laundry room, and the potential to convert two existing bedrooms into four bedrooms each with private baths. The second floor has an open-concept kitchen, dining and living area with a covered terrace off the kitchen. There are four bedrooms each with full private baths and access to the gracious covered terrace that surrounds the entire second floor. There is also an auxiliary building near the entrance that could be used as an exercise space, covered outdoor dining, etc. with beautiful views of the landscape beyond.
Mindo is located two hours west of Quito. It is in the cloud forest at 4200 feet of elevation and is one of the most biologically diverse ecoregions in the world. Mindo is famous as a bird watchers’ destination and thousands of tourists are attracted to the stunning waterfalls and outdoor recreation. The temperature varies between 60o F (15.5o C) and 80o F (26.6o C) year round. To enjoy more information about Mindo see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindo,_Ecuador
• Ground floor area: 225 m2 (2,421 sq. feet)
• Second floor area: 225 m2 (2,421 sq. feet)
• Lot size: 1,283 m2 (13,810 sq. feet)
• Construction type: concrete floors and columns, non-supporting interior and exterior brick walls; designed with sufficient reinforcement to withstand earthquakes
• Second floor bedrooms: 4, each with private full bath
• Ground floor bathrooms: 1 full bath and 3 half-baths
• Roof: concrete
• Floor covering: tile throughout building
• Year built: 2012
• City utilities: water, electricity and a out building with large cistern and pressure tank
• Internet and TV: available from private vendors
• Bottled gas: stove and hot water
• HVAC: none needed
• Appliances included: stove, refrigerator, washing machine, dryer
• Out building with plumbing 21.4 m2 (230 sq. feet) with attached ½ bath.
We welcome talking with you about this beautiful property.
Mark Marquardt Rebecca Young-Marquardt
In Mindo, Ecuador, please contact Claire Viens:
(593 99 723 0899)