This is a brief rundown of some of the most important French news media outlets in France. over at http://france.escapeartist.com you can find the complete article titled “France’s Importance for France News and France Media“.
The French take their news seriously it is not uncommon to find people reading a newspaper in just about ever nook and cranny where people congregate. In bistros people huddle around watching the news on the television . Below, you can tune in at these channels.
Printed News Media:
- La Croix (Catholic, daily): A nationally distributed newspaper with 110,000 readers (as of 2009).
Le Figaro (centre-right, daily): The oldest and second largest publication within France.
- Le Monde (centre-left to moderate, daily): A French daily evening newspaper.
- Le Parisien (daily): Le Parisien offers national and international news.
- La Tribune (economics, daily): Tabloid in style.
- Les Échos (economics, daily): A French-focused financial newspaper.
- 20 Minutes (daily, free): A newspaper written and published for commuters.
- Direct Matin (daily, free): Free daily paper focusing on local news, sports, business, jobs, and community events in Paris a surrounding areas.
- Metro (daily, free): News and local events.
Here is a list of TV news stations in France today:
- BFM TV: A Next-radio TV channel that broadcasts news throughout the day.
- I-Tele: A news channel is owned by the Canal+ group and broadcasts news all day.
- LCI: A TV news channel belonging to the TF1 Group that broadcasts via the pay-per-view model.
- France 24 Live TV: An online TV channel which was the initiative of a group of people who wanted to broadcast ‘free’ news across France.
- EuroNews TV Channel: An online TV channel that offers a wide range of news from France, as well as Europe.
Radio Stations and Social Media in the French News:
- Radio France: Radio France is considered the most respected and most popular radio station in France.
- Radio France Internationale: This great broadcasting service focuses on delivering French news in more than 20 languages.
- France Inter: This station is considered one of the most interesting and popular radio stations in France; it broadcasts news and other entertaining features.
- Golfe FM: Golf FM offers an Internet news broadcasting service that delivers news pertaining to France in an all-around-the-clock format.
This is a article summary: The original article first appeared at the france.escapeartist site titled “France’s Importance for France News and France Media“.