An International Living Opportunity for You!!
Since starting as an Associate Content Editor for Escape Artist almost 1 year ago, I’ve had some truly amazing experiences. I had my first experience living outside of my home country (the United States). I had my first experience in a Central American marketplace (unlike anything I’ve encountered in the U.S.A.). I saw real-life, flowing lava (from a safely removed vantage point). I’ve visited many foreign cities and met many interesting people. This several-sentence summary hardly does justice in explaining the impact this experience has had on me; it truly is life-changing.
For anyone interested in gaining some international living experience, Escape Artist has an opportunity for you. You can apply to be a writing intern with Escape Artist and gain the invaluable experience of living in a foreign country. This opportunity is great for experienced writers, recent college grads, individuals looking to get their foot in the door in the publishing world, and those with an enthusiasm for travel. An associate content editor internship with Escape Artist is a great opportunity for so many different people, and if it sounds like something you or someone you know would be interested in, you should check out the details below.
I’ve had a truly unique and inspiring experience during my time as an associate content editor here at Escape Artist, and there’s a lot more good times to come. If you or someone you know is looking for a similarly exciting and life-changing experience, check out the details below, share this article with a friend, and get in contact with us. You’ll be glad you did.
– Adam McGeehan
Lead Content Editor
Travel Writing Internship
Managua, Nicaragua & Ambergris Caye, Belize
Are you interested in living and working abroad but haven’t been able to find the right opportunity? Are you a hard-working, self-motivated, and enthusiastic individual who enjoys writing? If you answered yes to these questions, Escape Artist wants to talk to you.
This opportunity is for an Associate Content Editor. Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing and editing content (blogs, fliers, social media posts, etc.) to reflect current country information, opportunities, and happenings.
- Refreshing program and operational content, including annual and one-time updates. Continuously improving content, organization, and design.
- Assessing consumer feedback, market research, and feedback from internal teams to drive continuous improvement of publications.
- Developing promotional products, handbooks, letters, newsletters, blogs, etc.
90-day internship in Managua, Nicaragua or Ambergris Caye, Belize includes housing, stipend for food, and airfare to/from the country to be covered by EA.
I am looking for 4 to 5 interns. I am based out of NYC and will meet the team of interns in either Belize or Nicaragua in October. I will be down there for a couple weeks to help acclimate the new hirees with the company.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree, experience in the field is a plus but not required
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Superior written, verbal communication, and editorial skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills to work in concert with product, marketing, communications, web, publications services, and other core groups to help shape, direct and manage content that is timely, accurate, compelling, and engaging.
- Must be a highly motivated and energetic self-starter who is able to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment — both independently and as a team member.
- Proven project management capabilities.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills; strong critical thinking skills.
- Basic knowledge / previous experience in print and online information development, production, manufacturing, and distribution.
- Computer literacy, including advanced-level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Mr. Daniel Wilhelm at firstname.lastname@example.org