Technology has influenced our lives in innumerable ways. From transportation to communication, it has changed each and every thing. The camera is one of the innovations that have not only enabled capturing images and videos, but also encouraged visual communications.
Communication through visual means has become a norm. Sending a selfie to your friend when you are at a coffee shop indicates how visual content has infused into our daily routine. In fact, visuals are everything. The human mind tends to comprehend images better than textual paragraphs; this is why it holds essential significance.
The first photograph was made by Nicephore Niepce in 1816. Since then, there are dramatic progressions made in the industry. Now we have the highest quality top-tier cameras in the market, which have enabled us to capture memories effectively. The chronological evolution of cameras is pretty interesting. The photography industry has developed in an unprecedented way. As mentioned earlier, visuals are king.
Let’s just put aside the benefits of using high-quality cameras for business purposes, or as a means of capturing wildlife. Why would someone buy a camera? The answer to this is more than obvious: to encapsulate memories. Going through the images can help you recall earlier events taken place in your life. It is just a means of strengthening bonds between friends and families, especially when you are traveling.
Traveling and Cameras
For some people, carrying a camera is a must while traveling. It is like saving your journey in an electronic device and rewinding the time when you go through the images. You can either take a disposable camera, a smartphone, or a backpack full of expensive camera bodies and lenses. But regardless of the device you carry, bringing one on the trip can be beneficial. Here it is how:
- Keeping a good record of memories. Gone are the days when everyone used to note down each and everything they did in a personal diary or journal. Having a portable camera allows you to capture as many photographs as you want and revive the experience later. Travel photographs are excellent memory triggers. They will tell you the exact location of where you went and what you did. Even if you have a habit of jotting down all the nitty gritties, visuals can complement the journal.
- Communicating a story through pictures is easier than other modes. Photos are the easiest way to recollect a particular event. They provide a great way for the viewer to empathize with you. In fact, you may even inspire others to travel as well.
Visuals are a very strong part of your marketing toolbox. When it comes to traveling, you can always capture creative images to enhance your business. Here are some important statistics which clearly indicates how images and videos can be of immense importance:
- TripAdvisor features more than 50 million candid photographs annually.
- Approximately 76% of users agree that photos submitted by travelers impacts their booking decision.
- More than 75% of people having access to the internet watch videos on YouTube every week.
- 97% of people share their images while traveling on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
The key takeaway from these statistics is that carrying a camera during traveling is helpful. Just capturing a photograph can influence someone’s booking decision. Even marketers look for traveling images to inspire other travelers to book with them over other companies. In fact, the tourism industry revolves around this.
Furthermore, YouTube has now become a source of income. You can create a channel and upload videos on it, giving people insights into the traveling experience.
Once we are clear on the fact that cameras are an essential need while traveling, the question that comes into mind is which camera to choose? There is a wide range of options when it comes to traveling cameras. Choosing the best camera for travel photography is different from other options, like wedding photography.
There are many types of cameras in the market like DSLRs and Advanced Compact Cameras. Each one has its own pros and cons. With the advancement in technology, there are many travel-friendly cameras out there offering exceptional quality. Cameras like Nikon 1 J5 and Samsung NX1 are ideal choices if you are a frequent traveler and love to take pictures. All you need is good functionality. It must offer high portability and user-friendliness, so capturing photos is easier. A long battery life is also recommendable.
We cannot place enough importance on capturing photos while you are on a trip. There are even many cameras in the market offering underwater photography capabilities. Go through several reviews and online websites before making your purchase.